L3IFDHES – Chemical Engineering
The NCC Education Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (L3IFDHES) is an Ofqual regulated qualification. It is a one-year pre-university qualification developed by UK academics to help you progress successfully to undergraduate study.
Students that complete the Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (L3IFDHES) can:
- Enrol onto the following NCC Education programmes (equivalent to Year 1 of a UK bachelor’s degree):
- Level 4 Diploma in Business (L4DB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Computing (L4DC)
- Level 4 Diploma in Computing (with Business Management) (L4DC BM)
- Choose where to study in the world
NCC Education are recognised by over 80 universities and institutes in the UK, Australia, Canada, Cyprus, Ireland, France, Germany, Japan, New Zealand and the USA. Students are also eligible to apply to several international branch campuses, including campuses in China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Singapore, UAE, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
View the latest university progression routes for available to students that complete the Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (L3IFDHES).
For entry onto the NCC Education Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (L3IFDHES) qualification students must have successfully completed secondary school education.
Students must also meet the English language entry requirements of:
- IELTS minimum score of 4.5 or above
- GCE ‘O’ Level English D7 or above
- The Oxford Test of English is recognised for acceptance onto NCC Education programmes. An affordable, personalized test that fits you – it’s 100% online, flexible, fast, and available at Approved Test Centres across the globe. Plus, it’s the only language proficiency test certified by the University of Oxford.
To complete the qualification a student must study and pass eight units.
The qualification consists of six core units:
- Developing English Language Skills – This module helps students to develop English language skills to be able to communicate effectively beyond simple everyday contexts. It aims to improve one’s reading, writing, listening and speaking and enables student to acquire a broad range of knowledge which can be used to confidently and effectively communicate in English. It guides students through Intermediate and Upper Intermediate levels of English language study.
- Advanced English Language Skills – This module enables a student to put into practice the language acquired and develop this into an advanced user of English. Students will make extensive use of the four skills of speaking, reading, listening and writing, as well as extending the knowledge of complex grammar and advanced vocabulary.
- English for Academic Purposes – This module helps students to develop the understanding and use of key linguistic skills where necessary to engage effectively in an academic environment.
- Study and Communication Skills – This module equips students with the essential study skills needed to succeed at university level. Students will learn the basic skills necessary to conduct independent research, write academic papers, give formal oral presentations and apply what has been taught during lectures to your studies.
- Culture Studies – This module will enable students to gain awareness and increased understanding of other cultures and their own alongside the impact of a more digitised world on those cultures. The content aims to help students to define and describe the concept of culture and use this as a framework to critically analyse their own and other cultures. Students will be able to apply their understanding of culture to other aspects of their course and to their plans for further study and work.
- Foundation Mathematics – This module builds upon student’s knowledge of mathematics whilst introducing new topics appropriate across a range of academic disciplines and for their future career.
A further two units must be taken from a choice of eight electives:
- Further Mathematics – This module provides students with an understanding of different mathematical concepts and ideas, building on the work covered in the Foundation Mathematics module. It will allow students to develop further algebraic techniques on a broad range of mathematical topics, building towards area often seen and used in university courses.
- Chemistry – This module enables you to gain an understanding of the three main branches of chemistry: inorganic, physical and organic. Theoretical concepts will be illustrated using several practical laboratory sessions.
Assessments for all units will be offered in a minimum of four assessment cycles throughout the year. The units are assessed by either written examination or assignment.
The Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (L3IFDHES) enables students to enroll at over 80 universities and institutions in the UK, Australia, Canada, Cyprus, Ireland, France, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, and the USA that recognize NCC Education. Students may also apply to a number of overseas branch campuses, including those in China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.
Many international students choose to take a pre-Bachelor’s or pre-Master’s in order to prepare mentally for their first year of studies abroad. It’s much easier to get going if one already knows what to expect, knows the location and some of his/her colleagues.